Update 17 April 2020
Image based prescription are now valid in NSW.
Our Policy on the steps for image-based prescribing and dispensing are:
- Prescriber issues a prescription, including a physical handwritten signature
- Prescriber sends an image-based prescription to the patient’s pharmacy of choice by MMS or email
- Pharmacist dispenses the prescription, prints a copy and endorses it as per usual
- Pharmacist arranges delivery or pick up
- Pharmacist keeps any repeats and all prescriptions for two years.
We are requesting PHARMACIST to send us Reply paid postal envelope to “Pyrmont Doctors 50 Union Street Pyrmont 2009” with List of Patient Names. We will post physical scripts on a fortnightly basis back to you. Please DONOT ASK PATIENT TO PICK UP FROM THE PRATICE to minimise the Corona Virus Spread.
More Info: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/pharmaceutical/pharmacists/Pages/image-based-prescriptions.aspx
Update 06 April 2020
Update Nov 2019
Introduction of Fees from the 1st of December 2019.
As of the 1st of December 2019. Medical procedures will now incur a gap fee (out of pocket expense).
List of procedures that will incur a fee:
- Cervical Screening Test (Pap Smear)
- Implanon Removal/Insertion
- Skin Resection
Please note you will be charge the full fee and will be entitled to a Medicare rebate. The Medicare rebate will cover the fee less $50 gap.
If you have any question, please inquire with you GP.